Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Being buried under wonderful experiences is awesome

So this is it already. 2K14 is almost over and that always makes me nostalgic. It'll be a miracle if I finish this post, because currently I'm buried under all the wonderful experiences and friends I've made this year! No need to help me out of it, I'm quite happy with the situation.

I love nostalgia. I love looking back. The knowledge of the present gives me the possibility to put all my past experiences in perspective. So let's get this party going!

I went to Paris for the first time! Loved the city!































In March we went on a spontaneous roadtrip to castle Neuschwanstein. My goal was to photograph the gorgeous castle, but when we got there it snowed like a motherfucker and we couldn't even see the castle. This was hilarious to me, after a 6 hour drive.































Beside these awesome two trips, this year started out quite bad. I got fired. Twice. In two months. One I did see coming (and I can't express in words how happy I was to leave) and the other I didn't see coming (next time you guys need to move I'll gladly help out again and will drop a heavy desk on all y'all heads, afterwards your welcome to fire me again). And in March I sprained my ankle for the first time (in foreverrrrrrrrr). Yeah I know, boo-fucking-hoo. But it hurt, haha! I would say this though, do not get injured in Amsterdam, nobody will help you out.



You know what they say, start with the negative and end with the positive. And if I'm honest, that was it for the negative stuff. Not so bad actually. Mainly because I turned it all around (and that's what it's all about). Being fired hit me hard though, I was very fucking angry about it. I actually was a bit too angry to start looking for a new job, so I joked around a bit about traveling to New Zealand instead. Until I realised, yeah you know, why the fuck not? I saved up for it I could totally do it. And sometimes you just gotta give the world both your middle fingers and go. Go do your thing damnit. It's important.

So I did. And it was hands down the best experience of my year, possibly life.
































And I made a photo book about it.


















Also the Netherland kicked ass in the World Cup, even though we didn't win, I sure had a blast. May the streets run orange forever!





























This summer the ALS ice bucket challenge was everywhere. Of course I was tagged too. My bro tagged me and my sister so we decided to sit on his car for revenge.





























In New Zealand I met travellers from all over the world and befriended some! Like Wilderspin here! I decided to visit her in Brussels, a city I hadn't been to yet!














And I joined in GISHWHES too of course!














At SDCC this year Peter Jackson announced the Hobbit Fan Contest. A chance for fans to win a trip to New Zealand and see an early screening of the film and the country. I wanted to win so badly, but alas. At least I had fun creating the video trying to express my gratitude for Middle Earth and Peter Jackson in only 2 minutes.































Instead of winning the Hobbit Fan Contest, I at least got a fantastic Halloween party with friends!































Let's not forget I got branded this year! Twice!


















Every year I forget what I got for my birthday so here's a reminder for next year! Also, I celebrated my birthday in London! That's pretty rad!


















I didn't go to London to celebrate my birthday though, I went there for The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies World Premiere. It's the last Hobbit movie, possibly Middle Earth movie, so I just had to go! We waited in line, we camped outside on Leicester Square, we received our wristbands (number 55 yo of 2000 at least!) and the we waited some more. But we had a blast! And met some awesome fans along the way!































December 5th is Sinterklaas (I guess you could say our Dutch Santa) in the Netherlands, so I celebrated that with my family (including David, our red fat cat) with gifts, poems and songs!


























Also, here's a few things I ate this year.































(full disclosure, I did not eat the crab)

I just wanna thank all the wonderful people in my life and I wanna let them know that I am very grateful that I can share, laugh and cry with y'all! I love y'all!

Now let's get this Food Fest 2k14 (and by that I mean Christmas) on! Food is good yo!




2 comments:

  1. Love it! You should write more post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I should! But I have this illness that gets in the way: being fucking lazy. There's no cure I here.

      Delete

My photo
A woman singing Japanese curse words whilst traveling and drawing minimalistic animals. Hajimemashite!

Archive