Saturday, May 10, 2014

I'm on an adventure!

Hey y'all! It's been a while since I've properly browsed the internet. Don't worry, I haven't been eaten by a bear who only just got to puke me out. No, I've been traveling in New Zealand! It's been about a week and half and I'm still going strong with a big smile on my face! How about I tell you a bit about this remote place then!

Auckland

Is where I wandered the streets and got lost, and found my way back again. I went to Sky Tower, Waiheke island (wine island) and climbed Mt. Eden!






Raglan

After a few days in Auckland I hopped on the Stray bus, my transportation for the rest of my journey, along with 25+ other people! First stop: surfers paradise Raglan!

Rotorua

After Raglan we went on our way to Rotorua, but not without stopping at the Waitomo caves first! We went caving there and saw thousands of glow worms. An absolutely gorgeous sight! After that I hopped of the bus to go sigh-seeing in Rotorua, see Hobbiton (!!!) and got to the hot springs!



























Taupo

We stayed a night in Taupo and went skydiving! Yeah, I can't believe it either. But I'd do everything for a good photo. I got several. Later we went to lake Taupo.





National Park

We arrived in the middle of nowhere, in the mountains in National Park. I spend a day kayaking. Gorgeous down river Whaganui. I then "decided" to go for a swim, along with basically all my important belongings. Thank God I'm lucky and everything (camera, mobile phone and passport) is okay!











6 comments:

  1. Hi Sietske, wat een fantastische foto's ik doe het maar in het nederlands anders moet ik te veel denken hoe alles te beschrijven. Ik zie wel dat je erg geniet,houen zo. Fijne reis en doe Maria onze groeten. Omi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks omie! Ik geniet hier volop en de familie is geweldig hier! Ik hoorde dat Maria je gesmst heeft! :D

      Delete
  2. Hey Mormel! Wat een fantastische reis heb je al achter de rug. Veel ontdekkingen en spannende toeren. Tjonge mijn Roos in de lucht. Wat een prachtig land ben je aan het bezoeken. Geniet ervan en heelhuis terug komen. Liefs Pap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks pap! En moet je na gaan, ik heb nog een maand te gaan! Maar voor je het weet ben ik terug hoor. ;) Dikke knuffels! :D

      Delete
  3. Lovely pictures <3 Hope you're enjoying your time there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

My photo
A woman singing Japanese curse words whilst traveling and drawing minimalistic animals. Hajimemashite!

Archive