Tuesday, May 20, 2014

I'm still on an adventure!

Hello from Aotearoa, the land of the long white cloud! Here's another photo update!

Wellington

I said goodbye to my Stray bus maties. I was gonna stay in Wellington for a few days, and they were gonna travel on with the bus. So we played beer pong and had a fun night out! I spend the next day with Claudia, Lara and Aline, three girls from Switzerland. We went to Te Papa and then I went to meet Thomas, a Dutchie from home! We went to the Weta Cave and fangirl- and boyed out! I really liked Wellington and I was said that I only had two full days there. 






On my way down South

In the early morning I caught the Bluebridge ferry to the South island, to Picton where I would meet up with the stray bus again. Just to hop off in Nelson to meet my Kiwi family! Very exciting stuff! 

 

Nelson and my family

So Stray dropped me off at the I-Site in Nelson and not shortly after that Maria picked me up! Maria is my mom's cousin, so that makes her my great aunt or something? I dunno man. I just know she's frickin' awesome! Her entire family is! We first went for a drink at The Anchor and then headed home. She has a beautiful house just outside Nelson. Also, they call mountains hills here, haha! 

On Saturday she showed me Nelson and we tramped to the center of New Zealand, which happen to be in Nelson! We played a lot of I Spy with her daughter Amelia and her brother Paul come over for dinner with his wife Lila. We also went to Jester's, a lunch place where you can also feed eels. And pet 'em! Great times here! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
A woman singing Japanese curse words whilst traveling and drawing minimalistic animals. Hajimemashite!

Archive